Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: High End Windows 10 PC - Lag when Full Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I am maximized window mode on any GC game everything works perfect and smooth.

Switching right to full screen I get incredible lag.

This even occurs on low native resolution.

I am using the very most current version of Dolphin (downloaded and installed today).

PC Specs:

Windows 10 Pro
Nvidia GTX 2070
i9-9900K
32GB Ram

Help pls.
Is your framerate locked when it happens?
(09-29-2019, 08:25 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Is your framerate locked when it happens?

I don't think it was, however at this point the issue resolved itself somehow on its own.
Nvidia is not counting Dolphin as a workload that needs the full performance power of your GPU (sometimes it just says use the iGPU, if available, instead). When you are in a windowed mode then the odd quirks of WDM (usually a villian in most things) seem to create an artifical load the Nvidia drivers recognize as a GPU load.

To fix go in to the Nvidia control pannel and under 3d settings , program settings, find dolphin (add it if you have to), make sure the nvidia GPU is your preferred graphics processor, and set power managment to maxium performance.

This usually fixes things when Nvidia is being silly in an old game or emulator.