Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Are my specs decent enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Foxtrottingalong

Hi there, Just recently got into emulation and have been looking into Dolphin so I dont have to bust out my Wii every time I wanna play a GC or Wii title.

I'm a bit unsure on whether my PC is gonna be decent enough to run these types of games, since its not PC built inherently for gaming. Even then I know playing a game built for PC is one thing, and emulating is a whole other ball park. As such I figured id go ahead and ask here, in general i'll probably only be playing 1st part Nintendo games. So the Zeldas, Mario platformers, Animal Crossing, etc. If it means anything I can play N64 games super smoothly, but I figure thats a completely different type of emulation.

Specs:
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Intel® Core™ i7-6500U CPU @2.50GHz
  • Nvidia GeForce 940M
  • 16 GB RAM

I intend on using the most recent development build of Dolphin to play, so i'll be looking forward to getting any insight!!
Should be decent, just make sure you're plugged in to power and are in high performance mode.
You should be fine. I have a similar laptop with a i5 CPU instead of i7.
Most games runs fine at 2xIR and even some at 3xIR. Just keep in mind that 940M is mostly a 720p card, it can go up to 1080p for light games.