Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Extracted Folder or ISO Advantages?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried searching and while I discovered some info, I did not happen upon my big question. If it was asked before I apologize for repetition, but
"Is there an advantage to using either an extracted folder or ISO? Is one method better than the other?"
theres no point in using extracted folders unless you're actively developing a mod for a game. It's less reliable than using plain game images/dumps and can introduce bugs.
(08-28-2019, 12:01 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]theres no point in using extracted folders unless you're actively developing a mod for a game. It's less reliable than using plain game images/dumps and can introduce bugs.
Thank You. Just what I needed to know Smile
(08-28-2019, 12:01 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]theres no point in using extracted folders unless you're actively developing a mod for a game. It's less reliable than using plain game images/dumps and can introduce bugs.

Or when using mods Smile

Like I do. I just patched out the loader for Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask for the The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition disc. No time disc menu searching. Just straight up booting the game. It's also easy to patch either game in their extracted folder formats.

Buuuuuut. If you don't do any of that. Then no, it has no real advantages and might cause issues (not that I have noticed, but ya never know).