Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin emulator isn't working properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there. I recently updated mi computer. But ever since I did, I'm currently using an old version of Dolphin, because none of the new versions work. In Metroid Prime, for example, after a little while of gameplay, I save the game, and then when I continue or reload, the game starts, but freezes after a few seconds. The stereo 3d isn't working, not in the new versions, not in the old ones either. I'm sure I'm missing some software, but all the requirements I saw says that the only thing I need is visual c++ 2017 x64; and I installed it, along with every other visual c++.  Dxdiag says I have installed DirectX 12. Does anyone have any idea of what could I be missing? Or what could be the problem?
I don't know much about the stereo 3d maybe it a driver issues since you mention you recently upgraded you computer did you make sure you previous driver were fully uninstalled. Are you using normal in game save or dolphin save states. save states tend to be less stable.
(08-22-2019, 05:16 PM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know much about the stereo 3d maybe it a driver issues since you mention you recently upgraded you computer did you make sure you previous driver were fully uninstalled. Are you using normal in game save or dolphin save states. save states tend to be less stable.

I pretty much update the drivers as the updates come, and always make a clean uninstall before installing the updates. But that didn't help so far. I'm always use normal game save modes, precisely because, like you said, save states can be unstable. Anything else I can try? I saw a while ago a post in this forum that explains how to set up the ATI driver, but didn't try it because it was a little old, and the driver changed a little since then. Should I try that?
I am having trouble with Dolphin as well for my Macbook Pro. When I run it I keep getting a low FPS and putting it at full screen makes it even worse. Seriously I need help with this cause I can't play my games at all
Don't hijack other people's threads.
I used this a last resort before. Did you try downloading the current build then in the main folder with the dolphin.exe file create a file call portable.txt it a text document that force dolphin to go to it folder for setting. Maybe there a bad configuration or corrupt file in your user setting that cause issues.
That worked like a charm!!! Thanks a lot, themaster123!!!! I had this problem for months now, and couldn't solve it!!! Everything works like a charm now!!! THANK YOU!!!
Edit: The Stereo 3d now works perfectly. But the freeze in Metroid Prime, which is when I get to Gathering Hall the first time, open the door to Save Station 2, enter, save, and then try to exit the room, it freezes. Other than that, the emulator work perfectly, so far. I'm currently running the emulator from its own folder, with HD Textures and in stereo 3d and Synchronous Ubershaders. Although without those enhancements, it freezes all the same in every new version of Dolphin I tried. It doesn't freeze in the earlier versions, I can make a full playthrough. Any ideas what could the problem be?
(08-31-2019, 03:03 PM)paraemuladores Wrote: [ -> ]That worked like a charm!!! Thanks a lot, themaster123!!!! I had this problem for months now, and couldn't solve it!!! Everything works like a charm now!!! THANK YOU!!!
Edit: The Stereo 3d now works perfectly. But the freeze in Metroid Prime, which is when I get to Gathering Hall the first time, open the door to Save Station 2, enter, save, and then try to exit the room, it freezes. Other than that, the emulator work perfectly, so far. I'm currently running the emulator from its own folder, with HD Textures and in stereo 3d and Synchronous Ubershaders. Although without those enhancements, it freezes all the same in every new version of Dolphin I tried. It doesn't freeze in the earlier versions, I can make a full playthrough. Any ideas what could the problem be?

Does it also happen without stereo 3d?
Does it also happen without HD texture pack?
Also NEVER use Synchronous Ubershaders they have no use except increasing the load on your GPU 10x (thus making games harder to run full speed) or more and should only be used for debugging. Otherwise just use the Asynchronous Ubershaders and make sure to turn on Compile Shaders before starting.
Thanks for the advices, mstreurman. I red a long time ago that with Synchronous Shaders the game wouldn't lag at all, and it worked amazingly on Metroid Prime 3. But here, in Metroid Prime, there were parts where the game slowed, but I didn't know that it was because of them. And I also always turn on the Compile Shaders option, it seems to help a lot with the lagging.
Metroid Prime still freezes with or without the HD Textures and with or without the Stereo 3d, even in the previous versions that I tried to play the game a few months ago. I can still play the game if I use the same memory card file in a very old version of Dolphin, but without all the enhancements the newer has. Anything else I can try?
Do you have Dual Core enabled?
Pages: 1 2