Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with loading save states from GameFaqs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Vincalanious

I recently got dolphin so I could be able to play a couple of Zelda games such as Wind Waker. And all I want to do is just go to the boss fight, and I was able to get a save state that will take me to the fight but it wont work. I have looked up many videos on what to do, and every time ill go into Memory Card Manager GC and import the GCI file it wont work. The icon will pop up but once I launch Wind Waker it will just show nothing saved.

I am currently using Dolphin 5.0

If anybody could help me with my problem that would be great.
First, just to clarify, those are save files and not save states. (Savestates can't be stored on memory cards, and GameFAQs doesn't have any savestates available for download.)

And for the actual problem... Did you check that the save file is for the region that your game disc is?

Vincalanious

(08-11-2019, 06:52 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]First, just to clarify, those are save files and not save states. (Savestates can't be stored on memory cards, and GameFAQs doesn't have any savestates available for download.)

And for the actual problem... Did you check that the save file is for the region that your game disc is?

Thank you for for the info on the first part, and I am not entirely sure, how would I find out if it is for the particular region that my game disc is? 
GameFAQs should say either North America, Europe or Japan for the save file that you downloaded. Dolphin will show you a flag representing the region of the game disc if you look at it in Dolphin's game list.

Vincalanious

(08-11-2019, 07:34 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]GameFAQs should say either North America, Europe or Japan for the save file that you downloaded. Dolphin will show you a flag representing the region of the game disc if you look at it in Dolphin's game list.

Oh ok I see that now, yes I have the USA version of it and the save file that I downloaded is a North American one as well.