Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Random Stutters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why am I getting random stutters on games like SMS and MKDD. These games should run without stutters. I tried HLE, I tried DX11, 12 OpenGL, Vulkan, and pissed around with settings. How do I stop the random stutters?
Set your backend to Direct3D 11, set ubershaders to asynchronous, make sure internal resolution and anti aliasing are set to something sane, like you shouldn't be setting SSAA higher than 2x.

If you're using texture packs, you may need to enable prefetching them in memory
What are texture packs, and what difference do they make? And why are they better than not using texture packs, and are there any drawbacks to using them?
They're just texture replacements to make your games prettier, specific to each game, you have to seek them out yourself. Sometimes they can cause stuttering if the latency from loading in textures from disk as needed is too high and can be avoided by prefetching the textures into memory.

Since you don't know what these are, you don't need to worry about it.
Well I don't think I'm using texture packs, so in that case what do I do about the random stuttering?
Switching the Shader Compilation option to "Asynchronous (Ubershaders)" should prevent random stuttering.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try it
(08-07-2019, 03:35 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Set your backend to Direct3D 11, set ubershaders to asynchronous, make sure internal resolution and anti aliasing are set to something sane, like you shouldn't be setting SSAA higher than 2x.

If you're using texture packs, you may need to enable prefetching them in memory

Do all of these things