Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles Stuttering Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I'd like to ask for help for the emulation of RE:UC
The game at first seems to run fine, minus having to set up the IR to the mouse to make it comfortable to aim. But when I do things like shooting objects until they break , entering a new area, or even turning around to face an enemy in my face, it will always have very terrible stuttering, dipping into 7fps or freezing periodically until it goes smooth again. Rinse and repeat.
I can assume this is a shader issue. Anyone have any suggestions on how to solve or, at the very least, mitigate this problem? My specifications:
Intel Core i7-7200u (2.8-3.1 GHz)
Nvidia GeForce 940MX GDDR5 2GB
8GB DDR4 RAM
Your CPU is not designed for sustaining high performance all the time, instead it just bursts itself to high clocks for a while then shuts down again.
(08-03-2019, 09:26 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is not designed for sustaining high performance all the time, instead it just bursts itself to high clocks for a while then shuts down again.
Hmm, well it is just a laptop CPU, so there are it's limits. Thank you for your reply then
(08-03-2019, 10:23 AM)viktorjack68 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, well it is just a laptop CPU, so there are it's limits. Thank you for your reply then

There are mobile CPUs not as restricted with performance though. The M series is slightly more powerful, and then you have the H, R, and HQ series which are closer to the top.