Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Do 5.2 earphones or headsets work for SMS for surround sound?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does XPG Emix I30 Real 5.2 Surround Sound earphones (powerful earbuds with 6 physical drivers built in) or a Somic E95X Realistic 5.2 Surround Sound headset work for using surround sound mode in games like Super Mario Sunshine?

If anyone has either of these 2 specific things,could you test them for it and let me know please?

The XPG Emix I30 earphones sell at an excellent price considering what kind of audio quality range they are capable of from what I have seen and the headset doesn't cost that much more either,less than one I mistakenly got for 99$ in Walmart which only have the ~inferior~ virtual surround with only 2 53mm drivers,but sadly those have a very limited stock.

For the surround sound option to work in Super Mario Sunshine,you need to hear all of the dmm dmm duma duma sounds in all 4 directions.
This requires DSP LLE Interpreter from what I read and OpenAL was mentioned as the one that works but you have to increase latency to prevent stuttering audio,at least I had to anyway.
Also the Dolby option has to either be checked or unchecked or it may not work properly.
(07-31-2019, 11:56 AM)retroben Wrote: [ -> ]Does XPG Emix I30 Real 5.2 Surround Sound earphones (powerful earbuds with 6 physical drivers built in) or a Somic E95X Realistic 5.2 Surround Sound headset work for using surround sound mode in games like Super Mario Sunshine?

If anyone has either of these 2 specific things,could you test them for it and let me know please?

The XPG Emix I30 earphones sell at an excellent price considering what kind of audio quality range they are capable of from what I have seen and the headset doesn't cost that much more either,less than one I mistakenly got for 99$ in Walmart which only have the ~inferior~ virtual surround with only 2 53mm drivers,but sadly those have a very limited stock.

For the surround sound option to work in Super Mario Sunshine,you need to hear all of the dmm dmm duma duma sounds in all 4 directions.
This requires DSP LLE Interpreter from what I read and OpenAL was mentioned as the one that works but you have to increase latency to prevent stuttering audio,at least I had to anyway.
Also the Dolby option has to either be checked or unchecked or it may not work properly.

I have the Somic G95 Real 5.1 Gaming headset. Yes it works when you turn on the decode prologic setting on any backend that allows it, even in HLE nowadays… As long as you set up your Windows sound drivers correctly e.g. set them up as 5.1 speakers with full range sound on all sattelites. Those really are the only settings you need for games that support pro logic to output sound on the 4 speakers on any device. The only thing you would need to tinker with is the crossover of the sound from front to back and left to center to right (if your sounddrivers allow that) Mine has one that allows for speaker positions to be set which means as much as that you can select where the speakers are in a 3D space, just put them as close to the "head" as possible without murkying up the sound, that way you will have great transitions between left right and the rears as well as the center... the final thing you will have to figure out is the transition from Mid-tones to bass and make sure that crosses over correctly and you will never want any other headset again… I've had a couple of REAL 5.1 headsets and moving back from Real to Virtual always made me completely lose direction again, the directions are so much more pronounced on a real 5.1 headset.
Thanks.

Since those are also Somic,then maybe E95X is an updated model of the G95 headset and could also work.
Sucks that the stock is very limited for both.

Don't know for sure if the XPG Emix I30 earphones/buds work with surround sound mode or not but they have tons more in stock.

The HyperX Cloud II virtual surround sound headset I got before recently sounds fine but is restricted to 16bit-depth on the dongle with no way to use 24bit depth like both the Realtek sound card and also the TV headphone jack which has up to 176000Hz listed but is done via Intel. >Sad
The headphone jack cable is not long enough on its own for where I need it to reach later on and my extension cable doesn't like microphones as it makes the audio sound bad.
I blame Intel despite that because quality was bad instead of it missing some sound like earbuds do if they have a mic when hooked into my outdated extension cable.