Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [LoZ:TP] AR codes stuck/broken?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

noahgambles

Hey, all. I've used some codes to alter my Twilight Princess experience before deciding I didn't want to use them anymore. These codes include fast roll, moon jump, and Link can climb high places. And a few others that don't seem relevant or didn't work. "Chicken bombs" didn't work. I have all AR codes turned off right now.
  • The fast roll code is stuck on forever, but this isn't a huge problem.
  • What's really frustrating to me is that cuccos don't hover when I jump off of a platform holding them. I'm at the Falbi's Flight by Fowl platform and Link just drops straight into the lake holding the cucco every time.  Sad
These issues persist whether I load my game via savestate or the actual save system. I've tried using a new iSO, so I know it's not that. I know they are tied to my save file somehow because I tried starting a new file to test the issue and lo and behold, Link rolls normally and floats with cuccos. I REALLY don't want to start the game over, and I don't want to ignore the cucco game either because it's really fun and silly.

Has anybody else had issues like this before, where an AR code's effects persist even after toggling them off? Or issues with cuccos? I can't find any relevant threads online. Does anyone have ideas for what I could do to resolve this? I'm no programmer (yet), but could I create AR codes that reverse the codes that messed up my file? I posted on r/DolphinEmulator, too. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer me. Running Dolphin 5.0-10411 on my Alienware m15.

Gamers, backup your save file before you start dinking around with AR codes.
I don't know about this game specifically, but yes, things like these can happen when using AR codes. It is probably possible to create a "reverse" version of the AR code that undoes the effect.