Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My settings reset when I'm closing my emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

Before starting my request, I'm giving you informations about me :

1- I'm new on this website (and I'm a noob in technology), so if I've done something wrong in the title / message Don't hesitate to let me know.

2- I'm french, so if I'm making some faults, whichever one (whatever wich one ?), I'll be glad to learn if you have some time to waste lol Smile.

Angel  Angel

I've downloaded Dolphin yesterday, and I can't find a way to save my settings (controller / graphics / emulator…).

I'm giving you an exemple :

I run Dolphin (latest version 5.0- 10630), fix my settings, and then I close my emulator after playing, I have to fix again all the settings when I re-open Dolphin.

I know that I doesn't mentioned some crucial clues (which one?) to help you solve my problem.

Thank you for reading and for future answers,

Truely yours,

Thibz95

Heart Heart
Your settings should save automatically when you close Dolphin. If they aren't saving... hmm, I wonder if an antivirus program or something similar is preventing Dolphin from writing to Documents?
Yes Josjuice,

Bitdefender (an antivirus) has blocked a file, I didn't accept just to be sure.

Anyway it's probably the case here, I'll try to desable it and I'll be back to you soon after Smile
It works properly !

Thanks Smile
I don´t think you need any AV at all with Windows 10. Windows Defender + Chrome/Edge/Firefox/whatever browser you use + not falling on clickbaits is enough protection.
Hey DJBarry004,

Thanks for the tip, but as I usually say : You can never be too careful Wink
You can make an empty file called portable.txt in Dolphin's folder to force it to save inside itself rather than the documents folder if you want to leave your antivirus enabled.
Hello Scott0852,

I only enable dolphin.exe to modify my protected folders, so I doesn't desabled entirely my AV.

It 100% works, but thanks for the tip Smile