Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Settings for new PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DatJimmy

I just got a new pc with a 5700 XT and a 3700x. I also have 16gb of DDR4 at 3200 speed. what will give me a good framerate and look nice at the same time for the majority of Wii and GameCube games?
Using the default settings on the latest dev build for the best settings for each game, as that's handled by the provided per-game .ini files to change things as needed.
Then increase the Internal Resolution (IR) to your screen resolution.
Then Increase AA/AF as desired.
Also you'd probably want to turn on async ubershaders.
And probably stick to D3D or Vulkan
note, the D3D/Vulkan recommendation is largely for AMD GPUs only. They're slow on GL.

DatJimmy

(07-15-2019, 04:37 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]note, the D3D/Vulkan recommendation is largely for AMD GPUs only. They're slow on GL.

thank you, I sort of knew that but was not sure.

DatJimmy

(07-15-2019, 02:22 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Using the default settings on the latest dev build for the best settings for each game, as that's handled by the provided per-game .ini files to change things as needed.
Then increase the Internal Resolution (IR) to your screen resolution.
Then Increase AA/AF as desired.
Also you'd probably want to turn on async ubershaders.
And probably stick to D3D or Vulkan

Thank you for the info. Should I use any post-processing? I think that I would use FXAA in games but want confirmation. 
Don't bother. You can if you want, it won't harm anything, but it'll likely just make things blurrier. Just set SSAA if you want good anti-aliasing. You have the GPU to handle it. 2x should be plenty.