Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Benchmark
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When looking at the benchmark scores for CPUs, is there a score that would indicate Dolphin would run full speed for all games (except ones which do not run full speed at all)? Or does the benchmark itself not determine emulation performance?
It only measures CPU performance. You could theoretically have a top tier CPU and a GPU so slow some games are slow anyways.
(07-15-2019, 04:24 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]It only measures CPU performance. You could theoretically have a top tier CPU and a GPU so slow some games are slow anyways.

Thanks for your response! I am aware that it only measures CPU performance - to clarify I was asking more about whether there is a certain score that, if a CPU has that score or less, will run pretty much anything full speed. I read 7 minutes on the benchmark thread but not sure if this is changed.
Not really, while the benchmark is a reasonable measure of general CPU performance for Dolphin, there are things a game can throw at the JIT that isn't done by the benchmark.

In all seriousness, don't worry too much about the benchmark, it's mostly a "oh, cool" thing to see how one CPU compares to another. Get yourself a haswell-class or faster CPU and Dolphin is fine for the most part.