Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulate WiiU Gamecube Adapter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way I can emulate a gamecube controller connected to an emulated WiiU gamecube adapter? I am trying to add support for the adapter to a homebrew, but I don't have such an adapter so I can't test it on console, and I was hoping I could test that in Dolphin. 

There is a setting "Gamecube Adapter for WiiU" under "Controller->Gamecube-Controller" but that displays "no adapter detected" and I assume that setting is so that I can use a physical gamecube adapter in Dolphin, making the game believe the USB adapter is an actual gamecube controller.  

Is there a way I can make a game believe that a virtual USB gamecube controller adapter is connected, and map its four controllers' buttons to keyboard buttons?

Leseratte10
(07-09-2019, 06:25 PM)Leseratte10 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way I can emulate a gamecube controller connected to an emulated WiiU gamecube adapter?

No. Dolphin only supports emulating controllers that are connected to the console's regular GC ports, not emulating an adapter connected to a USB port.
(07-09-2019, 06:36 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]No. Dolphin only supports emulating controllers that are connected to the console's regular GC ports, not emulating an adapter connected to a USB port.

Would usb passthrough not work in this scenario?

Edit: I guess he probably doesn't have an adapter, considering he said he has no adapter connected. Oops