Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What problem am I going through?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys. I'm having a little problem playing through the emulator. I can keep 60 fps with 3x native resolution without problems, but from time to time the emulation suffers a great loss of fps for a second, as if the game crashes, then returns to normal for 60 fps. Do you know what kind of problem this is and if it is possible to solve it, or is it something inherent to the emulator and the shaders issue?

Thank you for your time.

My specs:

Win 10
i5 4690 3.9 GHz
MSI GTX 970
16 GB RAM
Try going into your graphics settings and enabling Asynchronous (Ubershaders):
[Image: JbGKwwQ]
You can try Skip Drawing if Ubershaders has lag (it probably won't though), just make sure to not do Synchronous (Ubershaders) as that one will run much worse unless you have a really good pc.

You can also try setting your graphics backend to either Direct3D option (try 11 first, then 12) if it's on OpenGL. You can also try Vulkan, although I'm not sure if your card can do that, I'm not familiar with graphics card stuff.
Thank you for your time pal. Im already using asynchronous ubershaders with compile before starting, with Direct3D 11. I search a litte more and its not like my processor was bottleneck, runs the game with 30 and 40% of use. Im new on this stuff, but is this problem what you guys call "suttering". I really don't know. I think my pc can run this game 60 fps just fine, but every 30 seconds i got a mini crash, weird sond, and than back to normal.