Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: AR Code Crashing - Metroid Prime 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

WakLa

Hey there!

I've been having problems recently with attempting to utilize AR codes in Metroid Prime (GM8E01). Unfortunately, when enabling "This Code Must Be On" it crashes the game on loading into my save.

I tried using AR Codes on the stable 5.0 ver of Dolphin yet it did not work there either. My current revision of Dolphin now is: 5.0-10603.

Disabling this code and enabling other codes shows that the cheats to not activate so I'm guessing "This Code Must Be On" must be on Big Grin.

I hope this was sufficient information if it wasn't please ask for more.

WakLa

FIXED: Turns out the 'pre-installed' AR codes are incompatible with my version of the game. If you check the hash of ur ISO and see what version you're on (mines is v1.2) you'll have to find the AR codes for that specific version. This probably applies to other games.

You'll just have to add a new code but don't edit and clone as it enables both the original code and the editted code and you can't disable the original code.
I thought master codes were no longer necessary? Oh well...

Does this also happen with Gecko codes?