Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: i7-8565U Processor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My CPU is 8550U and it works pretty well with various games (Zelda,Melee and Metroid Prime 1).
And my GPU is not that good and it plays these games at 2x mostly fine.
The weird thing is that I get more performance on Linux than Windows so I to dual boot.
(07-04-2019, 03:01 AM)Sorer Wrote: [ -> ]My CPU is 8550U and it works pretty well with various games (Zelda,Melee and Metroid Prime 1).
And my GPU is not that good and it plays these games at 2x mostly fine.
The weird thing is that I get more performance on Linux than Windows so I to dual boot.

(07-03-2019, 10:37 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]So, the reason we are always so touchy about ULV CPUs even though they generally perform fine is because it is extremely dependant on how well the laptop can manage the thermals, as ULV CPUs are designed around small thermal management solutions. And that can vary wildly from laptop to laptop. A Broadwell ULV CPU with effective cooling can outperform a Coffee/Whiskeylake ULV CPU with awful cooling.

And theres pretty much no way to figure out how well a laptop will cool a ULV CPU without, well, buying it, so yeah.
Well my laptop is Dell brand I guess they have good enough cooling.
I do get random stutters here and there so I guess that is the throttling part but it's somewhat rare.
Pages: 1 2