Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Accelerometer with Keyboard/Mouse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

netvope

I want to play a game (Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekidou) that uses the accelerometer, but I don't have a real Wiimote. Is it possible to control the accelerometer with the keyboard and/or mouse?

This is basically what I need to do:
Hold the Wiimote in front of me in the upright position, then move it left/right/top/bottom while keeping it upright.

Are "Tilt and Swing" related to the accelerometer? With r4674 (32-bit), I set "Tilt and Swing" to "Keyboard" in "Wii Remote Plugin Configuration" and then tried the "Roll Left/Right" and "Pitch Up/Down" buttons and nothing happens. I'm guessing rolling and pitching isn't for translational movements.

This is my first time using Dolphin-emu Blush. Any help would be highly appreciated!
It can be mapped to joypads and R/L "sensitive" buttons of controllers, so you don't need a wiimote. But I don't think anyone has made the different wiimote positions as mapped to keyboard.

Btw is it a dance game? Can you do Hare Hare Yukai?

netvope

Thanks for your tips

(12-11-2009, 09:00 PM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]It can be mapped to joypads and R/L "sensitive" buttons of controllers, so you don't need a wiimote. But I don't think anyone has made the different wiimote positions as mapped to keyboard.

Btw is it a dance game? Can you do Hare Hare Yukai?

It is a dance game, although you don't need to move around
Hare Hare Yukai is the 8th song; but the "steps" here are much easier than the actual dance

netvope

After spending a lot of time trying different options and builds, I finally figured out how to get Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekidou to work in dolphin. I hope this helps anybody who'd like to play the game, or games that use the accelerometer, without a Wiimote.

First of all, choose a suitable build:
  • r4694 doesn't work
  • r4681 works
  • r4525 doesn't work

And set these:
  • Disable Connect Real Wiimote
  • Set Tilt and Swing to Keyboard
  • Set Roll and Pitch to Free Swing
  • Assign keys to Roll and Pitch

The timing of the accelerometer is good enough to achieve S-rank in the first song Blush

Some (non-critical) issues:
  • Audio (alc888b) is choppy in XP, so I play in Vista
  • Frameskipping sometimes causes flicker in the background of the dance scene, and sometimes gives a blank screen, but luckily I don't need frameskipping in standard resolution
  • MSAA causes flicker during screen transition
  • MSAA doesn't apply to EFB copy, so the character outlines looks really bad in higher resolutions
  • Copy EFB to system RAM causes an offset in the character outlines, so use Copy EFB to GL Texture instead
  • 2X resolution doesn't work: about one-fifth of the screen on the right hand side is bad. (Let me try to describe it... if you consider the whole screen as 1280 vertical lines, each being 1 pixel wide and 960 pixel tall, then about 200-300 lines on the right are always identical. It's like you grab a line and drag it horizontally to the right, overwriting the whole area with the pixels of the line.)