Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My Laptop Build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My PC Specs:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 12.0 GB (11.9 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Pen and Touch: Pen and Touch Support with 10 Touch Points
Graphics Card: Intel® UHD Graphics 620
Chip Type: Intel® UHD Graphics Family
DAC Type: Internal
Adapter String: Intel® UHD Graphics 620
Bios Info: Intel Video BIOS
Monitor 1: My HP Laptop/PC
Monitor 2: Philips 105S (105S2)
GB: 915
I'm On Core i5, The 8th Gen.
Do you have a question related to this?
(06-16-2019, 06:19 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a question related to this?

Because I Want To Speedrun Games And Record
Are you wondering whether that hardware will be good enough?
(06-16-2019, 06:24 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Are you wondering whether that hardware will be good enough?

Yes But The Resolution I'm keeping that at 1280x720
OBS Is The Recording Software I'm Using.
I have A Free Space Of 534GB
The HD 620 isn't quite strong enough to run every game at 720p without slowing down. I have one in my laptop, and it struggles to run something like Super Smash Bros. Melee at 2x IR at 60FPS. I get low-to-mid 50s, and Melee isn't a particularly demanding game (aside from the Fountain of Dreams stage, afaik).

Your CPU may or may not do fine depending on whether you can keep it cool enough. The base clock is relatively low, so you'll be relying on Turbo Boost for the majority of your performance, which will throttle if things get too hot. When it works, you should have a suitable CPU for most games in Dolphin, but when it starts to throttle back to keep your temperatures in check, you might notice slowdowns in Dolphin. Generally, to avoid this situation, the CPU should have a high base clock, since the Turbo Boost widely vary during actual gameplay.
(06-16-2019, 07:40 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]The HD 620 isn't quite strong enough to run every game at 720p without slowing down. I have one in my laptop, and it struggles to run something like Super Smash Bros. Melee at 2x IR at 60FPS. I get low-to-mid 50s, and Melee isn't a particularly demanding game (aside from the Fountain of Dreams stage, afaik).

Your CPU may or may not do fine depending on whether you can keep it cool enough. The base clock is relatively low, so you'll be relying on Turbo Boost for the majority of your performance, which will throttle if things get too hot. When it works, you should have a suitable CPU for most games in Dolphin, but when it starts to throttle back to keep your temperatures in check, you might notice slowdowns in Dolphin. Generally, to avoid this situation, the CPU should have a high base clock, since the Turbo Boost widely vary during actual gameplay.

Nevermind, got it
I have a similar laptop : the CPU is i7-8550U and i got another GPU AMD GPU Radeon 530.
I sometimes get random stutters on Tales Of Symphonia I guess its because the CPU throttles down?
Most other games work good except Star Fox Adventures which is slowish and SSB Brawl , Melee works alright.