Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: VBA-M - Dolphin connection fails at same point every time I try to connect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jade Heart

My video might as well have recorded every attempt I've made at linking VBA-M (1.8.0-SVN1292-win32) and Dolphin (5.0-10411) to deliver a Celebi from Pokemon Colosseum to Pokemon Ruby. After I configured VBA-M's link timeout to 9999998 milliseconds, I finally bypassed the initial message that Colosseum sends out after making contact with VBA-M. I haven't been able to gain much meaningful progress afterwards, though.
When Ruby responds with its Colosseum screen, Colosseum sends out another message, and then it never fails to disconnect and display an error message.

I've obtained a Jirachi from the North American version of Colosseum's bonus disc using the same version of Dolphin but a later version of VBA-M (M-WX-2.0.0-beta2). When I try that combination again, I don't even make it to Ruby's Colosseum screen, even when I set the link timeout to its maximum. Ruby briefly pauses at its startup screen and carries on to its start screen, while Colosseum just barely shows the connection animation before giving me its connection error.

Also, there's some sort of error with VBA-M 1292. I've ignored it as it doesn't appear to have much effect on the emulator, with the possible exception of its connectivity problems. VBA-M-WX always displayed a "Joybus host invalid; disabling" upon startup but it doesn't even have Joybus as an option in the link menu. This didn't affect Jirachi's transfer either.

Trying to link VBA-M 1292 and Dolphin
1292 error
Try switching to DSP LLE recompiler in Dolphin and use the dumped DSP roms from your Wii.

Jade Heart

I haven't beaten the Elite Four, which was one of the conditions to transfer a Celebi over!

Excuse me.

Jade Heart

It worked, after all.