Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't open development builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
I am a mac user and I very simply wanted to update from dolphin 5.0 to one of the latest development builds.
I have tried using many different builds but they always crash before opening.
I even tried removing dolphin from ~Library, meaning starting completely over, but even that hasn't worked.
I am desperate for a reply. Thanks in advance!
Um, you seriously need to buy a newer PC. Or build one. The CPU is old and probably won´t give a good experience, and I beleive the GPU is no longer supported? (is GL 3.3 still the minimum?).
Hmm. Everything about your system should be supported, slow, but supported, so it shouldn't be crashing. Officially we support macOS 10.10 and up (though we don't get a lot of testing with old macOS versions though) so macOS 10.11 should be fine. The GeForce 9400 GT is technically still supported, since it supports OpenGL 3.3 and D3D 10. (Technically the 8 series is the oldest supported, and still worked last I checked on my craptop with an 8200m!) It's very very weak, but, supported. And macOS driver situation for Nvidia cards is fine for older GPUs. That CPU is hella weak and old, but again, it's supported, it should work fine... It won't be a great experience mind you, but it should work!

Evelyntsiala, I need you to do some bisecting. And there isn't a bisect helper application for macOS so you'll have to do it the old fashioed way. So right now we know that 5.0 works, and 5.0-10000ish doesn't work, so that gives us an unknown range of 10000. That's a lot! But if you test 5.0-5000ish, you'll cut that unknown range in half. Depending on if it works or not, you'll then cut in half at either 5.0-2500ish, or 5.0-7500ish. And you just keep doing that until you narrow down the unknown range to as small as possible, ideally to a single build. This will give us a LOT of information as to what is going on! Oh, and you can find all of the builds you need for bisecting here on our downloads page: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
(06-11-2019, 07:34 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. Everything about your system should be supported, slow, but supported, so it shouldn't be crashing. Officially we support macOS 10.10 and up (though we don't get a lot of testing with old macOS versions though) so macOS 10.11 should be fine. The GeForce 9400 GT is technically still supported, since it supports OpenGL 3.3 and D3D 10. (Technically the 8 series is the oldest supported, and still worked last I checked on my craptop with an 8200m!) It's very very weak, but, supported. And macOS driver situation for Nvidia cards is fine for older GPUs.  That CPU is hella weak and old, but again, it's supported, it should work fine... It won't be a great experience mind you, but it should work!

Evelyntsiala, I need you to do some bisecting. And there isn't a bisect helper application for macOS so you'll have to do it the old fashioed way. So right now we know that 5.0 works, and 5.0-10000ish doesn't work, so that gives us an unknown range of 10000. That's a lot! But if you test 5.0-5000ish, you'll cut that unknown range in half. Depending on if it works or not, you'll then cut in half at either 5.0-2500ish, or 5.0-7500ish. And you just keep doing that until you narrow down the unknown range to as small as possible, ideally to a single build. This will give us a LOT of information as to what is going on! Oh, and you can find all of the builds you need for bisecting here on our downloads page: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Everything works perfectly. That's why I am concerned.
I get easily 25fps on every game and NEVER had issues.
I just don't understand why this is happening,
Thank you lots by the way.
It seems like I will never be able to use the emulated motion plus :[ RIP my money spent on buying Skyward Sword
do you think my OS will be supported in the next Stable Build at least;;
Bisect and we'll be able to find out if it's permanently broken or something we can fix.
(06-12-2019, 05:26 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Bisect and we'll be able to find out if it's permanently broken or something we can fix.

Alright. I am sorry if I am annoying or this is lame, but I noticed something.
Every dev build works when its file is more than 40mb. I also noticed that the dev versions that work with my computer have ''Dolphin WX'' accompanied with Dolphin itslelf, while the ones that can't open are all 16,6\16,5mb and are accompanied with Dolphin Updater instead of Dolphin Wx.
I don't know if that will be of any help, but I noticed it.