Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart 64 doesn't run right in DK JungleParkway. (Runs Fast)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have dumped my wii's internal Nand and playing through mario kart 64 on 1 player grand prix works fine but as soon as i go to two players and play some of the courses the game runs really fast. Why does this happen? Dolphin shows 30fps but the game is almost unplayable due to the fast speed.
Doesn't that actually happen in-game? Or am I crazy.
(06-06-2019, 06:00 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't that actually happen in-game?  Or am I crazy.

it doesn't happen on my original n64. And i don't think nintendo would let a glitch like that slide. Could you test this and see? go to two player mode and pick mario and luigi then go to dk jungleparkway and it's really fast. Vs. mode not grand prix.
Mariokart 64 assumes the game is lagging on certain stages in multiplayer, without making sure it isn't running too fast. DKJP is the only two player stage assumed to run at a lower framerate.
http://tasvideos.org/GameResources/N64/M...tches.html
I'm not sure what the exact problem is though. Dolphin's cpu speed is good enough. I can get slight lag on n64 zeldas like on console. Dolphin's GPU is normally too fast IIRC. This might be why the wii runs it at a reasonable framerate, if it even does.
Since this problem also happens on n64 emulators, it might have slipped through? That would probably be the biggest vc error I've seen. They would have almost definitely seen this if they tested 4 players. I was able to get some lag on dolphin, but not consistent at all. I might test it on wii tomorrow.
(06-06-2019, 02:36 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Mariokart 64 assumes the game is lagging on certain stages in multiplayer, without making sure it isn't running too fast. DKJP is the only two player stage assumed to run at a lower framerate.
http://tasvideos.org/GameResources/N64/M...tches.html
I'm not sure what the exact problem is though. Dolphin's cpu speed is good enough. I can get slight lag on n64 zeldas like on console. Dolphin's GPU is normally too fast IIRC. This might be why the wii runs it at a reasonable framerate, if it even does.
Since this problem also happens on n64 emulators, it might have slipped through? That would probably be the biggest vc error I've seen. They would have almost definitely seen this if they tested 4 players. I was able to get some lag on dolphin, but not consistent at all. I might test it on wii tomorrow.
Yeah it runs fine on my Wii. I notice the it lags on my original Wii in multiplayer mode but the game plays fine. The game hasn't been updated on the wiki in awhile I think there might be a regression going on.
Mario and Luigi 2p DKJP start
Store efb to texture unchecked, both run at 30 (too fast) if you check it
OPENGL
5.0-1483: 21 fps
5.0-1485: 29-30

Didn't have any luck finding a build with working d3d11/12/vulkan, but I didn't try as hard.
(06-07-2019, 04:42 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Mario and Luigi 2p DKJP start
Store efb to texture unchecked, both run at 30 (too fast) if you check it
OPENGL
5.0-1483: 21 fps
5.0-1485: 29-30

Didn't have any luck finding a build with working d3d11/12/vulkan, but I didn't try as hard.

So this is an issue with dolphin itself then?
I disabled store efb to texture and the issue still persists on the latest versions.
(06-07-2019, 05:37 AM)TomSea64 Wrote: [ -> ]I disabled store efb to texture and the issue still persists on the latest versions.

I meant that on OpenGL on dolphin versions 5.0-1483 and earlier with efb to texture disabled (this is default) it would work.
Pages: 1 2