Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dumping GameCube BIOS to use in Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything relating to this, so... how would I go about dumping my GC BIOS so that I can use it in Dolphin, and then where would I put the dumped files so that Dolphin can read them?

I'd just been using Dolphin to play my dumped games and that's all fine and dandy but it would be nice to be able to access the BIOS as well.
(06-05-2019, 07:40 AM)SassmasterMaxie Wrote: [ -> ]I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything relating to this, so... how would I go about dumping my GC BIOS so that I can use it in Dolphin, and then where would I put the dumped files so that Dolphin can read them?

I'd just been using Dolphin to play my dumped games and that's all fine and dandy but it would be nice to be able to access the BIOS as well.
Hey you need to have a way to run home brew on your GameCube whether that is using action replay or sd gecko which is needed to actually get the files to your PC. 1. Action replay to boot into Homebrew. 2. Sd gecko to copy the necessary files to your sd card and you will need a program to dump the rom. It goes in a folder that says USA and the file is an IPL.Bin file. I can't remember the specifics and I'm not near my computer at the moment but dumping my own bios was easy.
(06-06-2019, 02:34 PM)TomSea64 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey you need to have a way to run home brew on your GameCube whether that is using action replay or sd gecko which is needed to actually get the files to your PC. 1. Action replay to boot into Homebrew. 2. Sd gecko to copy the necessary files to your sd card and you will need a program to dump the rom. It goes in a folder that says USA and the file is an IPL.Bin file. I can't remember the specifics and I'm not near my computer at the moment but dumping my own bios was easy.

I'm gonna have to buy an Action Replay then since I don't have one to hand, and I'd better hope that my GC still works since I've not used it in some time.

Thanks for the tips!
If you also have a Wii (or another way to write data to a GameCube memory card), you could load up a savegame exploit instead of needing to use Action Replay: https://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.ph...e_Exploits
(06-06-2019, 09:40 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you also have a Wii (or another way to write data to a GameCube memory card), you could load up a savegame exploit instead of needing to use Action Replay: https://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.ph...e_Exploits

Yes I do have a Wii so this is an option! Thanks!
i put a gamecube bios files in the dolpjin folder but when i load my rom, it says something about not having a good bios dump. Now, i get the logo which is what i wanted and i disable the message but i want to know what is a good dump and how to get one.
(12-22-2019, 07:42 PM)Vajra Wrote: [ -> ]i put a gamecube bios files in the dolpjin folder but when i load my rom, it says something about not having a good bios dump. Now, i get the logo which is what i wanted and i disable the message but i want to know what is a good dump and how to get one.

Then you used a bad method when dumping the BIOS file. Which program did you use?
(12-22-2019, 08:54 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Then you used a bad method when dumping the BIOS file. Which program did you use?

i didnt use any program. i just downloaded a bios from a tutorial
That is a crime. We can't help you. It looks like you've already been banned, but I guess it's better that someone says why you're not being helped in case this shows up in someone's Google search.