Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin lagging when playing certain games...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Aeroids

When ever I run Zelda: Ocarina of Time, or Zelda: Twilight Princess, I always encounter major lag when entering the larger areas. Is there a way to fix this? I haven't noticed this extreme amount of lag in any other games, and I also wouldn't consider my PC slow. Specs below (Using Dolphin 5.0.10413)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
8 GB of RAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor

Would appreciate any advice on preventing this lag, thank you!
For Twilight Princess, make sure to enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack in the Patches tab of the game properties. This will simplify the rendering of the minimap, getting rid of a lot of the performance loss in large areas.

I'm not aware of anything in particular you can do about large areas in Ocarina of Time.

Aeroids

(06-05-2019, 01:03 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]For Twilight Princess, make sure to enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack in the Patches tab of the game properties. This will simplify the rendering of the minimap, getting rid of a lot of the performance loss in large areas.

I'm not aware of anything in particular you can do about large areas in Ocarina of Time.

Thank you! Will try this now