Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin won't recognize generic usb joystick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Aka_akae

Recently bought an off brand gamecube controller off amazon. PC recognizes and confirms its working correctly after a driver update(I used zadig2.4). Found it in the device manager and everything seems to be good to go until I try to configure it in dolphin. It simply isn't in the drop down menu for device input in the controller configuration. It seems like dolphin isn't recognizing it at all. I have standard controller selected and I can configure my keyboard just fine but that's the only option. The 'all devices' option seems not to do anything. Have spent hours googling and searching different forums and reddit, lots of people with similar issues but no ones solution seems to work for me. Anyone have thoughts/insights to something I might be overlooking or doing wrong? I have tried all my usb slots and they all recognize the controller on the pc itself but it still won't show up on dolphin. I'm running windows 10 and I update dolphin daily to the current development version. Hopefully the screenshot I have attached will help expand on my issue. Thanks in advance

Aka_akae

Forgot to add attachment. Let me know if anymore information would be helpful to resolve my issue.
Your controller doesn't even show up in the audio, video, and game controller section of device manager. From what I understand, you have a usb controller that happens to be shaped like a gc controller, not a gc controller that isn't licensed by nintendo, right? Dolphin's zadig guide is only for things like the official wii u gc adapter and passthrough. I would uninstall the zadig driver and try the default.

Aka_akae

Same issue with windows default driver.
Does this gamepad work properly in any application/game/anything on your computer at all?

Aka_akae

To be honest this is my first experience using a gamepad with a pc at all. From what I understand the controller won't control anything even though the device manager said it's working properly. I've uninstalled multiple different drivers and the controller itself and reinstalled it after a pc reboot many times with no luck. I'm trying to get in contact with the seller through amazon to see if there is a different driver they are supposed to provide. I think I just need to return this gamepad and buy a new one. Other than spending a crap ton on an original gamecube controller and adapter whats my best option in your opinion?
Any legitimate PC gamepad should work just fine in Dolphin. You don't need to spend a fortune.

Logitech makes a wired USB gamepad for $15 (top result on amazon). I haven't tested it and can't comment on the quality but I'm sure it at least "works".