Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: From 5.0 stable to development version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Cthulhu

Hello!

I wish change from 5.0 stable to latest development version. After read the wiki, I just have to overwrite the new files on the old installation folder, but doing that:

Will keep my old config?
If I do that, is it possible that some old files stay on the installation folder and the new version don't use it and I can delete? (i.e. OpenAL32.dll is not present on the development version)
Don't override your old files. Just extract Dolphin to a new folder and it will be fine. All of the files you want to keep (saves and config etc) are stored elsewhere so you won't lose anything!

Cthulhu

(05-18-2019, 01:16 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Don't override your old files. Just extract Dolphin to a new folder and it will be fine. All of the files you want to keep (saves and config etc) are stored elsewhere so you won't lose anything!

I want to uninstall the last stable version and install the latest development version. How to keep the saves?
If you're on Windows, all your configuration, saves, textures packs etc... are stored on your personal Documents folder. They will survive the uninstall process.

Cthulhu

(05-20-2019, 09:49 PM)DrHouse64 Wrote: [ -> ]If you're on Windows, all your configuration, saves, textures packs etc... are stored on your personal Documents folder. They will survive the uninstall process.

ThanksĀ  Wink