Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Helios X27 2.6ghz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Tim

What would be the best settings to run dolphin on a tablet with Helios X27 2.6ghz processor, 3gb ram?
(05-15-2019, 08:20 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]What would be the best settings to run dolphin on a tablet with Helios X27 2.6ghz processor, 3gb ram?

Are you even able to install it? Most Android tablets do not have a 64-bit Operating System even though they have a 64-bit CPU. If you can install it without issues than most games will run like crap anyway as the CPU itself is slower than the Snapdragon 625. Also probably the drivers for the Mali GPU will be crap and won't allow you to play many games because of glitches and missing OpenGL/Vulkan extensions.

I have the Xiaomi Redmi Mi Note 4 (Global) which has the Snapdragon 625 and a 64-bit OS but the experience really is subpar on 90% of the games.

Tim

It does have 64 bit architecture. I’ve gotten a few games running and playable. Just wondering if any maybe older builds would run faster.
I hVe a Helio x23 device, it depends what android version you have? I am lucky and running 8.0 and Vulkan actually works quite well. Performance wise the A72 can handle a bit of dolphin if the thermals on the very hot 20nm chipset aren’t an issue.