Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WASAPI audio backend freezes dolphin on boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I launch a title with the WASAPI backend, it just freezes without opening the game at all, evident by task manager saying dolphin is not responding. Cubeb and XAudio2 do not have this issue. Can anyone help me with this issue? I just use realtek integrated sound if that makes a different
(05-10-2019, 01:01 PM)MarkH123456 Wrote: [ -> ]When I launch a title with the WASAPI backend, it just freezes without opening the game at all, evident by task manager saying dolphin is not responding. Cubeb and XAudio2 do not have this issue. Can anyone help me with this issue? I just use realtek integrated sound if that makes a different

Hey so you can try a few things. Update your drivers, Re install your operation (last resort), Or check what the audio latency is set at. I have realtek audio aswell and my latency can go as low as 6 but 5 will result in a crash
Sounds like your audio drivers don't support exclusive mode.
(05-11-2019, 03:29 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like your audio drivers don't support exclusive mode.
It should be supported because i have an old windows 7 computer that has the same audio chipset and it runs fine. Right now i use realtek hd audio. Maybe he would be better off using windows audio drivers.
Yeah... he said audio *drivers*, not audio *chipset*.