Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Animal Crossing won't load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Animal Crossing will not load, I just get to the Nintendo logo and the train noise, and then it just starts that process over. It will not take me to the press start screen, it just keeps saying nintendo.
I tried to google this, and the only thread I found was from 6 years ago, and was resolved by setting Controller Port 1 to Standard Controller, but mine is already set to this and has not fixed the issue.
I am more than happy to provide screens of my settings, if needed
Can you post an MD5 of your game dump?

Right click on the game in the game list > Properties > info > calculate MD5
Yes! Sorry for the late reply

7853049ccd0c1e2bffeb5b12393a5409
(05-09-2019, 07:35 AM)OcarinaOfJesus Wrote: [ -> ]Yes! Sorry for the late reply

7853049ccd0c1e2bffeb5b12393a5409

That seems to be the US version of Animal Crossing, so it seems your dump is correct.

Tested my version of Animal Crossing my MD5: 7853049ccd0c1e2bffeb5b12393a5409
Works without any problem.

So please make sure you are using the latest development version of Dolphin. If the problem still persists after updating to the latest version, please try to exit Dolphin, rename your Dolphin Emulator folder in Documents to something else for backup and try to run the game again, if it then works there is some configuration issue in your Dolphin (keep in mind that when you rename the folder your save games will be unavailable)
I found the solution, it was all because I enabled cheats. Had a code for turnips being free, turnips selling for a ton of bells, and a full song library. I assume I need to have data already made on the memory card, the game just doesn't like cheats enabled?