Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Linux build sound issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

volkann

I built dolphin 5.0 - 10110 version on ubuntu(lubuntu) 18.04 but i cant hear no sound when i play any game, dont know what to do?
(05-02-2019, 01:39 AM)volkann Wrote: [ -> ]I built dolphin 5.0 - 10110 version on ubuntu(lubuntu) 18.04 but i cant hear no sound when i play any game, dont know what to do?

1. Have you got sound in other applications on Linux?
2. Are your speakers plugged in, turned on and is the volume turned up on the speakers?
3. Is are the speakers unmuted and is the volume turned up in Linux?
4. Is the sound for Dolphin turned on in Linux?
5. What audio back-end have you chosen for Dolphin?

Sorry about these most basic questions, but as an IT-guy I have driven 20KM to someone that said they had tried everything to get their sound working only to come to the conclusion that the speakers were turned off....

volkann

1,2,3 all alright

4-I couldnt find sound setting for Dolphin on linux

5-Yes audio back-end option was unselected, after selecting the option "Cubeb" volume indicator appear on the sound setting menu but still has no sound
(05-03-2019, 07:32 PM)volkann Wrote: [ -> ]1,2,3 all alright

4-I couldnt find sound setting for Dolphin on linux

5-Yes audio back-end option was unselected, after selecting the option "Cubeb" volume indicator appear on the sound setting menu but still has no sound

After you selected the back-end, did you check back in the Linux sound settings if Dolphin became available or maybe was muted?

volkann

There is no playback for dolphin emu.

I can see chrome and fba emulator playbacks on linux sound setting but not for dolphin when dolphin emulator runs a game.

volkann

cmake said

-- PulseAudio NOT found, disabling PulseAudio sound backend

is this the reason ? maybe?
(05-05-2019, 02:46 AM)volkann Wrote: [ -> ]cmake said

-- PulseAudio NOT found, disabling PulseAudio sound backend

is this the reason ? maybe?

Could be, you could try and install PulseAudio and its dev package and try again.

here is a quick installation explanation: https://linuxhint.com/pulse_audio_sounds_ubuntu/

P.S. Installing this is at your own risk, I have no real clue as of what could be wrong, but to me it seems to be a good thing to try and resolve as many issues you might have when you are compiling.