Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Laptop] Resident Evil 3 Nemesis - FPS/VPS Drops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

type13

Hi All,

Pretty new to this forum. Recently got a hand me down Laptop from my brother, so I wanted to play some old school RE games. Wanted to actually finish RE3 in Hard mode this time. So I got a suggestion from a friend to use Dolphin.

Currently using Dolphin 5.0 and Playing Nemesis. Unfortunately, currently having Major FPS | VPS drops when zombies and other things load in or even when I walk. Menu and Door loading times are stable 60. Tried tinkering the settings and even asked good ol Google. Unfortunately, been getting Year old threads.

Any settings you guys can suggest to me?

Currently running:

Intel Core i3-3120M CPU @ two (2) 2.50Ghz.
4GB Ram
AMD Radeon HD 8750M | Intel HD Graphics 4000

To note, using OpenGL gives me way less FPS than using the Direct 3D 11 option and selecting my AMD. Tried tinkering with the Overclock as well to little to no result. Any advice to get atleast stable 30 would be much appreciated.
Have you tried the latest development build of dolphin?
What is is Your Operating system? There are drivers available for AMD gpu, quite new, install them as might give some APi extensions and speed boost (adrenaline version). Since i know that performing upgrade might be painful sometimes, you may get to know Display Driver Unsinstaller too.
Then make sure somehow that dolphin is running on AMD card indeed.
OGL is not preferable option for older AMD gpus. Use dx11 for first try. BUT, amd says that AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series graphics for notebooks are compatible with vulkan API. So, if that option shows up in newest development dolphin>>graphics settings, then its then ultimate option to use, suprasses all other graphic backends.
¿Did you solve the issue? i'm going throught the same problem, and it's weird casue the RE2 Seamless HD project runs flawlessly in my laptop, but RE3 for some reason doesn't.