Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin max settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Zakusa

Hi, On max settings( 8x native , 8x SSAA) and my pc is just unable to play it.my specs are i3 4130 and gtx 960. Do you guys know if a rtx 2080 and i9 9900k would be able to play with those settings
And this is why having sane values in the UI is important people.

Users will turn them all the way up and wonder why shits slow Smile

Don't turn up internal resolution any higher than roughly your display resolution. Use the labels in the dropdown to help figure that out.

Don't set SSAA any higher than 2x-4x. You're burning your GPU for virtually zero benefit.
You should add an actual 128x internal resolution next April 1st, and just wait to see how may people try to run it and wonder why their computer is slow on the forum.
(04-27-2019, 02:11 PM)Zakusa Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, On max settings( 8x native , 8x SSAA) and my pc is just unable to play it.my specs are i3 4130 and gtx 960. Do you guys know if a rtx 2080 and i9 9900k would be able to play with those settings

Just so you know: My system cannot handle that Tongue and I got a 2080ti (and a 9900k, currently at 5.1Ghz for dual core, but that doesn't matter since you will be completely GPU bound here)

SSAA is Super Sampled Anti-Aliassing… which means it will render the graphics at a higher resolution the *x is how many times the resolution... so what you are trying to do is literally running Wii/GC games at 8x8 (64x) the internal resolution or 46080*30720 also known as the infamous 46k resolution Tongue

There literally is NO GPU commercially available that will be able to run that, even in multi-gpu/sli/crossfire setups...

Your system would be able to play comfortably at 3x Internal resolution with maybe 2x SSAA (wouldn't us SSAA as you can just up your IR for better results)