Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: is an Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6600 at 2.9 GHZ enough for full speed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Atemus

is an Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6600 at 2.9 GHZ enough for full speed?
or at least near full speed using geforce9500?

or even near full speed.
i heard the you tube user named nosound use one of these and he is also on this forum but his account got suspended on you tube so I can't be sure what he have but as i saw on his video he had Full Speed on the games he played.

games i am looking fore ward to play are 'Sonic and the black knight' and 'Sonic Unleashed' if you want to look at the game play for Rating what the games need here is a video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjNfx11XPkk
its more based on Speed

I Run intel Pentium DUAL Core at 3 GHZ and the sound is Way way Too Laggy and the FPS aren't all of that they can be Very Very Slow almost unplayable and unenjoyable in sonic Unleashed

and in sonic the black knight Rendering goes really Slow at 50% of the stages and the other 50% the sound is not perfect.

Basically i would like Full Non-Laggy Sound at least
I am planing to Run:

Intel CoreT660 at 2.9 GHZ + Geforce9500
32 Bit - Windows 7 Ultimate

Would that give me full speed?
i have the processor "T" and now using "P" i can replace both processors in both computers.

EDIT: I have 4 GB Of Ram btw
Depends really from game to game, some games runs way over fullspeed for me (I have 3Ghz), like NSMBWii I get 100FPS, but Super Mario Galaxy 45FPS in many places.

Anyway nosound got suspended on youtube?? If he comes here please tell if it was for emu vids (I have some too)

Atemus

(12-09-2009, 10:51 PM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Depends really from game to game, some games runs way over fullspeed for me (I have 3Ghz), like NSMBWii I get 100FPS, but Super Mario Galaxy 45FPS in many places.

Anyway nosound got suspended on youtube?? If he comes here please tell if it was for emu vids (I have some too)

I don't know why and i just don't see his videos any more , the link to his channel should have been here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/nosound97

But i don't think its about emulation either a mistake or a Copyright music maybe.

its weird check the group:

http://www.youtube.com/group/dolphinemu

But many others have videos , only no sound all his videos removed for violation...

i don't suggest removing your videos now as i think its a you tube issue...

you have intel core2E while i have T and i heard E > T
and i heard T Works better in dolphin but currently i can Have T at 2.9 GHZ

Atemus

any 1? Tongue

any other answers to my question (opinions) would help
"is an Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6600 at 2.9 GHZ enough for full speed?"

Answer: No.
(12-09-2009, 10:51 PM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Depends really from game to game, some games runs way over fullspeed for me (I have 3Ghz), like NSMBWii I get 100FPS, but Super Mario Galaxy 45FPS in many places.

Some copyright claims, though it's really stupid, because there are many other more popular channels than mine and they have the same videos :/

I got copyright claim from Sega Europe and 2 claims (wtf 2! o_o) from Capcom. I could understand Sega, but not Capcom! I've posted those videos like I post them every day (properly, after release date with all disclaimers put in place) and >_>! Anyways, 3 copyright claims = suspended account @_@ + they removed my other videos with "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation" message

>_>

Atemus

(12-10-2009, 01:54 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]

Some copyright claims, though it's really stupid, because there are many other more popular channels than mine and they have the same videos :/

I got copyright claim from Sega Europe and 2 claims (wtf 2! o_o) from Capcom. I could understand Sega, but not Capcom! I've posted those videos like I post them every day (properly, after release date with all disclaimers put in place) and >_>! Anyways, 3 copyright claims = suspended account @_@ + they removed my other videos with "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation" message

>_>

Erm no sound , I saw your video of sonic unleashed wii on dolphin
before you were suspended (sorry for that) Dodgy

do you Run Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6600?
I think i saw this on the description of that video but i want a confirmation because i am trying to play the same game on the same processor with the same Speed and Sound quality (I.e no lag or choppy noises in sound...etc)

ANY one?
would it at least give me 40-50 FPS?
I'm running T9550 2.66Ghz right now and as KHRZ said it would depend on a game you play
(12-10-2009, 01:27 AM)Apostacious Wrote: [ -> ]"is an Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6600 at 2.9 GHZ enough for full speed?"

Answer: No.
Actually for most games it would be a "yes"