Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game Configuration .ini's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know why this hasn't been done before but here I share my game ini's for a few GameCube titles. This is aimed for 16:9 displays (widescreen hack) on nvidia cards hence the DX11 backend for async ubershaders to work (DX11 in Win7 was YMMV state but 5.0-10758 put things back in order). I tested on PAL verified images but also included NTSC ini's. Everything is set up for speed, but with per game ini's for compatibility by looking in the wiki or testing.
[attachment=18562]

Many Cheat codes (PAL) didn't work for me, here I report a list.
60Hz AR
Tomb Raider Legend
Luigi's Mansion Works in latest build 10599, Codes
Mario Party 4 (Gecko nor Ralf)
Turok Evolution

Widescreen
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III (the Gecko code in Wiki is for Rogue Squadron II)
Sonic Adventure Dx - Director's Cut (NTSC AR Code not working)
Twilight Princess (AR works, Gecko doesn't, neither Gecko Bloom)

StarFox Assault (verified) is broken for me, even from a blank Dolphin install, Dual Core + Cheats off, or/and Software Renderer. (Edit: Boots by disabling MMU, the Gecko code works)

Download from my Github repo.
Mario Party 4:
What code are you talking about, the wiki only seems to list a Ralf code

Star Wars Rogue Squadron III:
The NTCS code did align with the Star Wars Rogue Squadron II code, can you confirm that the differing PAL/JP codes are also for Star Wars Rogue Squadron II?

Twilight Princess:
The wiki seems to only list Gecko codes, what AR codes are you referring to (I may just not be familiar with the differences)?
Mario Party 4:
The "Gecko" code is from the link you passed me for AR codes. I tested both in AR and Gecko, just in case.

Star Wars - Rogue Squadron II:
Apparently it uses the same code for the three regions, check here

Twilight Princess:
The AR code is in the mentioned link.

I think they are different ways to intercept data flow, so they can overlap and in many occasions you can use them indistinctly for both, but Gecko usually is more reliable, not always as shown in the Animal Crossing example.

Edit: Found this here. "If the code contains lines that start with 44, 42, 8C, or 0C add the code as an Action Replay code. If not, add the code as a Gecko Code."

Sonic Adventure DX - Director's Cut

With Sonic I found that while the Widescreen codes don't work (also tested a Gecko from the above link that made the game buggy), the internal VI registers are not being read properly OR the game is ported very wrongly to the GameCube. Its correct geometry aspect ratio is almost in the middle of 4:3 and 16:9. Edit: the aspect reading is right GameCube wise, it's just a bad port.

Auto/4:3
[Image: B5YSpyDt.png]

Stretch to Window (Corrected)
[Image: zsCpZqYt.png]
(04-28-2019, 12:16 AM)eckso Wrote: [ -> ]Star Wars - Rogue Squadron II:
Apparently it uses the same code for the three regions, check here

I was asking about the other codes for Rogue Squadron III.
(04-28-2019, 03:15 PM)Kolano Wrote: [ -> ]I was asking about the other codes for Rogue Squadron III.

It's a region free code (same for all three) so I guess so?
StarFox Assault (PAL) can boot if MMU is disabled, for good measure also enabled SyncGPU.
By doing this I could check the Widescreen code and it works but the aspect ratio is broken like in the Sonic Adventure example.
An ideal geometry correct ratio (in case we could manually input it) would be 14/9, just between 4/3 and 16/9.

Soon I will upload Wii config's.
Updated the GC config inis to disable Force 24-bit Color in some games:
Mario Kart Double Dash
Spyro: A Hero's Tail
Wind Waker

Mario Kart Wii also needs it disabled, but I will update it later with other changes (currently the game is broken).
I'm also thinking on sharing my Wii gamepad configuration ini's (for a 360 controller), since they are so hard to find.
Updated the default audio settings and the profiles to add language (for Japanese titles) in order for them to work, included more profiles, and enabled Dolby Prologic II for the games that support it in GC and Wii. There's a bug where you can't use DPLII along audio stretching, since there's not a per-game setting for it to disable you have to do this from a front end side.

You might wonder why default to a surround sound. The truth is that you can virtualize surround in either headphones or stereo speakers, so there's no reason not to use it for the best immersion.

Check the Github repo on top post.
(02-17-2020, 07:57 PM)eckso Wrote: [ -> ]Updated the default audio settings and the profiles to add language (for Japanese titles) in order for them to work

From what I can tell, you've set the language to 1 (English) for the affected games. Shouldn't it be 0 (Japanese)?

For what it's worth, Dolphin will automatically set the language to one that is compatible with the game if you have "Allow Mismatched Region Settings" disabled.
IIRC I always had "Allow Mismatched Region Settings" disabled but still couldn't boot Naruto Shippuden: Gekito Ninja Taisen! Special until I set the language to Japanese (0).
Otherwise I would rather play them in English (if the game allows that option) and hence Language=1. Normally they're still in Japanese but they still boot.