Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error saving game, Wind Waker GC on Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kparto

Dear Dolphin forum,

First off, hats of to everyone that has supported this emulator. It's the best!

I have been relaxing with Wind Waker for the past days and the in-game save function has always worked flawlessly. I have never used any save states (I don't even know how).

However, just after Dragon Roost Island I have problems saving the game, I get an error saving that memory card in slot A is corrupted.

I'm running Android on Nvidia Shield with one of the latest dolphin builds.

I have the game running 24/7 now because I can't save and I don't want to lose hours of saving data. I have a full-time job and kids so every hour is really precious and has been relaxing.

Any idea of what I can do? As mentioned, I have the game running.

Thanks!
The only (known) way that can cause the in-game memory card to become corrupted is the usage of savestates to cause you to load a savestate from *before* the currently existing save.

That's not to say there aren't other ways that it could happen. The thing I'd suggest on a desktop build is unplugging/plugging in the memory card. How recent is your last save? What you'd suggest is using a savestate (there should be a menu button on the Shield T.V. controller that brings up a sidebar that let's you create a savestate) to create a sort of checkpoint so you can turn off the game and get a look at your memory card. I know the japanese version will absolutely flip out in certain conditions when saving, but I believe the developers fixed that bug by the time the game was localized.

kparto

(04-20-2019, 02:33 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]The only (known) way that can cause the in-game memory card to become corrupted is the usage of savestates to cause you to load a savestate from *before* the currently existing save.

That's not to say there aren't other ways that it could happen.  The thing I'd suggest on a desktop build is unplugging/plugging in the memory card.  How recent is your last save?  What you'd suggest is using a savestate (there should be a menu button on the Shield T.V. controller that brings up a sidebar that let's you create a savestate) to create a sort of checkpoint so you can turn off the game and get a look at your memory card.  I know the japanese version will absolutely flip out in certain conditions when saving,  but I believe the developers fixed that bug by the time the game was  localized.

Hi! Thank you! 

I'm sure I never used a savestate, I saved only like 3 times during my play and it was all in-game. 

There is only one button on the Nvidia Shield gamepad that gives me a sidebar menu, but there is no option to use savestates there. Only options that exist are to take screenshots and exit. Am I missing something here?

To my understanding, I can't remove and insert the memory card while in-game without exiting the emulator?
(04-20-2019, 03:30 AM)kparto Wrote: [ -> ]There is only one button on the Nvidia Shield gamepad that gives me a sidebar menu, but there is no option to use savestates there. Only options that exist are to take screenshots and exit. Am I missing something here?

You can only use savestates there if you have enabled savestates in the settings. Unfortunately you can't access the settings and do this without exiting the game.

(04-20-2019, 03:30 AM)kparto Wrote: [ -> ]To my understanding, I can't remove and insert the memory card while in-game without exiting the emulator?

That is correct (for the Android version of Dolphin, that is).