Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: super smash bros melee running slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kiniption86

Hello I Have A HP Pavilion 6617c Desktop PC With Windows 10. I Have An AMD Athlon II X2 255 Processor 3.10GHz. I Have The Dolphin 4.0.2 Emulator And All The Games Run Slow Especially Super Smash Bros Melee Can Somebody Help Me Out So I Can Play This Game Normally It Would Be Greatly Appreciated.
(04-18-2019, 05:34 PM)kiniption86 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I Have A HP Pavilion 6617c Desktop PC With Windows 10. I Have An AMD Athlon II X2 255 Processor 3.10GHz. I Have The Dolphin 4.0.2 Emulator And All The Games Run Slow Especially Super Smash Bros Melee Can Somebody Help Me Out So I Can Play This Game Normally It Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

First of all:
Please update to the latest dev-version of Dolphin (which you can find here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ ) as anything older than 5.0 stable is not supported by the forums.

Second:
Your CPU is quite slow and is over 9 years old and might be just too slow to run any game fast enough even the least demanding ones like SSBM or NSMBWii

Third:
The GPU we recommend (the GTX750) is about 2500% faster than the one you have (the Radeon HD4200) or about a 1000% slower than the iGPU's in recent intel CPU's (HD Graphics 630)

Lastly:
The HD4200 series doesn't support DX11 or OpenGL 4.4 (the card only has DX10.1 and OpenGL 3.3) which Dolphin NEEDS.

The only way I see to be able to run any game fast enough is by using one of the unofficial builds which you can find in the development forum, just keep in mind that any support you need will be restricted to the main thread of that unofficial version.

TL;DR this computer is too old and slow to run anything reliably fast enough and you would probably need to replace the whole machine.
4.0.2 is not supported on the forums. 5.0 is the minimum to get support. You will need to update if you want help.

Since mstreurman already said pretty much everything else you need to know, I'm locking this.