Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5.1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will it come or you will name the nightly builds 1xxxx xD
*waves her magic moderator wand*

Moved to General Discussion!
There's no reason the development builds can't go into the five digit territory. If we make a stable release, it'll be because we feel Dolphin is ready for it, not because the version hit a certain number.
Okay, sorry for the trash post I was just really curious and it's been a long time since a stable release
We're starting to work on cleaning up some of the big regressions, but there's a lot to do. A release is a huge responsibility, and we don't want to take it lightly. There's still a few more big features (which could cause regressions and more to clean up...) and then literally hundreds of small to big regressions that need to be fixed before we could consider a release.
IMO stable releases for Dolphin are really only useful for developers so that we actually have a set point to mark regressions against. Users should pretty much always use the latest development build or at least just stay on the "beta" update track which syncs roughly with the progress report.

That said, we SHOULD release eventually so we have a new regression comparison point Tongue

But users shouldn't worry about it. At least not for Dolphin.
I'm not too picky of the official time frame these day for the official 5.1. But I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it.
(04-19-2019, 05:00 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]IMO stable releases for Dolphin are really only useful for developers so that we actually have a set point to mark regressions against. Users should pretty much always use the latest development build or at least just stay on the "beta" update track which syncs roughly with the progress report.

That said, we SHOULD release eventually so we have a new regression comparison point Tongue

But users shouldn't worry about it. At least not for Dolphin.
That's good to know! And I thought somewhat along that line too, but then read some comments about beta versions being unsupported when people where posting about issues they were having. Personally it was the other way round for me, I couldn't get Mario Galaxy to run smoothly on 5.0 and did a bit of reading and ended up using 5.0-8718 and it runs mostly smooth now :-)
Btw, what's the best way to support the developers? Or give thanks? I didn't see anything on that on the FAQ page.
(05-13-2019, 10:59 PM)jettiblue Wrote: [ -> ]Btw, what's the best way to support the developers? Or give thanks? I didn't see anything on that on the FAQ page.

There's no particular way to do it.
(05-13-2019, 11:29 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]There's no particular way to do it.

Oh ok..
Well since you replied let me give thanks to you at least, I am grateful to have Dolphin and it brings me a lot of joy! Thanks for all your work