Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Identify Wii Save IDs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I navigate to User\Wii\title\00010000 and find a bunch of game saves in form of IDs, how do I relate these numbers to games?

I would like to know what saves I do have and the timestamp, because sometimes I test games across Dolphin versions to debug settings and then new saves are made.
A Save Manager would be great if I it's something I have missed.

I observed that if I export all Wii Saves then they are exported to User\private\wii\title with correct Game IDs, but with current time timestamp. Will these saves override the older ones?
Ok, I realized that Wii Saves are present when there's a Banner for the game entry. Is it ok to copy the User\Wii\title folders across Dolphin versions or should I Export and Import Wii saves?
(04-18-2019, 07:39 AM)eckso Wrote: [ -> ]So I navigate to User\Wii\title\00010000 and find a bunch of game saves in form of IDs, how do I relate these numbers to games?

You have to convert from hexadecimal to ASCII. You could use this converter, for instance (just make sure to change it from "ASCII to hex" to "hex to ASCII"): https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/numb...ascii.html

Then you'll get a four-character game ID, which you can look up on gametdb.com.

(04-18-2019, 08:26 AM)eckso Wrote: [ -> ]Is it ok to copy the User\Wii\title folders across Dolphin versions or should I Export and Import Wii saves?

I think that's fine, with one condition: If the title has any installed content (like a channel), you should only copy the title folder if the title already has been installed in the target NAND at some point. (It should be fine even if it was installed and then deleted.)
Thank you, dealing with Wii saves is a bit of a nightmare.

I think the problem is some Wii saves are not corresponding to the dump because versions, data stripping... I also have a corrupted f-zero gx save so I don't know how I will fix these.
(04-19-2019, 03:49 AM)eckso Wrote: [ -> ]I think the problem is some Wii saves are not corresponding to the dump because versions, data stripping...

I'm not sure what you mean by that.
When dumping disc images I used to strip the update partition and several more things. Maybe by doing so the saves of such images don't work anymore with my current redump-matching rips.

Most games loaded the nand saves fine but not Mario Kart Wii, or Super Mario Galaxy.
(04-19-2019, 09:06 AM)eckso Wrote: [ -> ]When dumping disc images I used to strip the update partition and several more things. Maybe by doing so the saves of such images don't work anymore with my current redump-matching rips.

Stripping the update partition doesn't affect that in any way. Any other common automated things you can do to your dumps probably won't affect it either, unless you did something odd like changing the title ID.
Then I don't know, I used to strip update partitions and blank data to play from an HDD. If that doesn't bork the save files I don't know what did. Is there a tool to "fix" wii saves?
(04-19-2019, 09:40 AM)eckso Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a tool to "fix" wii saves?

Not really. If you know what's wrong with the save files, it might be possible to do something about it, but there isn't any automated tool or anything like that as far as I know.