Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games doesnt run
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

JTHECOMENTER

I was trying to play some games and it just shows a black screen and the game closes, it happens with every backend except for OpenGL (wich is slow as a turtle), this is the first time that this happens to me, and Direct3D11 was the unique that can run games prefectly smooth for me. It also showed like 5 errors messages, but i skipped them and they doesnt appear anymore (also sorry for my bad english)

EDIT: I deleted the "dolphin emulator" folder and re-isntalled the latest dev, the error keeps happening but now i can see the chain of error messages that suddenly appear, here is a link to it https://www.mediafire.com/file/gnck5jz27...S.rar/file
If your profile is accurate, you're using an old sandy-bridge era integrated GPU. That simply doesn't support some things that some games running in dolphin require, which likely explains the error messages and blank screen. Similarly, Microsoft has decided to restrict some other features to Windows 10 on DirectX - and the OpenGL drivers for the Intel Integrated graphics are generally pretty bad (which you likely found out as it's a lot slower), so might not give a good workaround if you happen to be playing one of those games.

I'm not sure there's much you can do to try to help - make sure you have the latest gpu drivers (check Intel's website directly, don't always rely on windows update), make sure you're trying to use the latest -dev version of dolphin, and use the DirectX11 backend for Intel graphics (as your GPU and windows version don't support DX12).

JTHECOMENTER

(04-17-2019, 06:19 AM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]If your profile is accurate, you're using an old sandy-bridge era integrated GPU. That simply doesn't support some things that some games running in dolphin require, which likely explains the error messages and blank screen. Similarly, Microsoft has decided to restrict some other features to Windows 10 on DirectX - and the OpenGL drivers for the Intel Integrated graphics are generally pretty bad (which you likely found out as it's a lot slower), so might not give a good workaround if you happen to be playing one of those games.

I'm not sure there's much you can do to try to help - make sure you have the latest gpu drivers (check Intel's website directly, don't always rely on windows update), make sure you're trying to use the latest -dev version of dolphin, and use the DirectX11 backend for Intel graphics (as your GPU and windows version don't support DX12).

Weird, because games like mario kart double dash or pikmin (Wii and GC) were runing pretty well, even paper mario and the thousand year door. This error happened when i opened dolphin after a month