Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My Dolphin performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I tried playing Wii games on my new laptop yesterday and I pretty much had all the graphical enhancements selected.

The games (Mario Galaxy and Zelda Skyward Sword) flawlessly without any glitches in the visuals, no slows downs either, but I noticed when I collected an item there'd be a jerk with the sound. Is this an issue with the game, the emulator or I need more juice?

I have a 8750H CPU and 2060 RTX (mobile) GPU.
(04-16-2019, 08:45 PM)Smiggy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I tried playing Wii games on my new laptop yesterday and I pretty much had all the graphical enhancements selected.

The games (Mario Galaxy and Zelda Skyward Sword) flawlessly without any glitches in the visuals, no slows downs either, but I noticed when I collected an item there'd be a jerk with the sound. Is this an issue with the game, the emulator or I need more juice?

I have a 8750H CPU and 2060 RTX (mobile) GPU.

Okay so let's start from the beginning. Basically you're experiencing audio crackling or audio stuttering? And i'd say to go to Config>Audio>Audio Backend> And change from xaudio2 to cubeb or wassapi. I use wassapi and put it on latency 6. and lower would crash dolphin with my realtek drivers. I am running an i5-8600k @5.0ghz, gtx 1080, 32gb 3400mhz ram clc 15, and a 1440p 32inch 144hz monitor. Also make sure your audio drivers are updated.
Also make sure your pc is set to performance mode in control panel and nvidia settings and plugged into the wall plug.
(04-16-2019, 09:10 PM)thisbirch221 Wrote: [ -> ]Also make sure your pc is set to performance mode in control panel and nvidia settings and plugged into the wall plug.

Hi, 

How would I do that? I'm on Windows 10 (Home). 
(04-16-2019, 09:07 PM)thisbirch221 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay so let's start from the beginning. Basically you're experiencing audio crackling or audio stuttering? And i'd say to go to Config>Audio>Audio Backend> And change from xaudio2 to cubeb or wassapi. I use wassapi and put it on latency 6. and lower would crash dolphin with my realtek drivers. I am running an i5-8600k @5.0ghz, gtx 1080, 32gb 3400mhz ram clc 15, and a 1440p 32inch 144hz monitor. Also make sure your audio drivers are updated.

Hi, 

Thank you. 

Audio drivers are up to date. 

I'd say it's audio stuttering, but it's very occasional when I pick up something new and the games describe the item.

XAudio 2 is the fastest. If I put it on Cubeb or Wassapi, will this slow the audio down? 
Sounds like shader cache problems. In the Graphics tab, if you switch over to Asynchronous (Ubershaders ) does that help when getting a new item?
(04-17-2019, 04:49 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like shader cache problems. In the Graphics tab, if you switch over to Asynchronous (Ubershaders ) does that help when getting a new item?

I'm sorry, but I can't find that option. I'm on version 5.
Update to the latest development version.