Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii motes work, but super spotty/randomly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the most trouble-free way of using Wiimotes with dolphin? They seem to connect fine sometimes, but other times, I open dolphin, and nothing.

Perplexing.
(04-16-2019, 03:48 PM)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: [ -> ]What's the most trouble-free way of using Wiimotes with dolphin? They seem to connect fine sometimes, but other times, I open dolphin, and nothing.

Perplexing.

This has been happening to me aswell. I am up to date with all my drivers and still have no idea why this is happening. 
Mayflash Dolphinbar.
I would, but I run a usb cable/hdmi to the living room next to my pc. I’d have to run an even longer usb cable through the ceiling to get to the actual TVs location, which is much too far for a usb run.

Just wish normal Bluetooth actually worked decently.
The Wii Bluetooth is weird, you need a lot of bandwidth and PC bluetooth (or even a Wii bluetooth hooked up to a PC) seem to struggle with signal quality.
So what can be done?
Keep the bluetooth adapter in a direct line of sight with you. Get an extension cable to put the bluetooth as close to you as possible. Turn off Wii Remote audio when possible.
The issue doesn't seem to be related to that. it's imply not connecting when I go to start Dolphin sometimes.