Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Portable.txt and GC Saves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've been using Dolphin for some time now, and just recently made the transition to "portable" so that all my user settings can be saved within my Dolphin folder rather than within "My Documents."

While the transition has been successful for game profiles settings for both GC and Wii, and my Wii game memory card, it was not successful for my Gamecube memory card.

When I try using the memory manager (GC) within dolphin, I point to the portable directory, and it sees my save game files-- icons, banners, and all.

However, when I launch the game itself, the system does not recognize the new memory card location. It defaults to the "My Documents" location.

Although I am able to use the default save location for GC "My Documents" just fine, I would just like it be portable within along with everything else.

Additional facts that might be useful:

*I am using Launchbox as my frontend

*My GC games are compressed and are therefore not part of the dolphin game directory whereas my Wii games are uncompressed and are within the game directory (ISO Directory within Dolphin).

Any help in getting this to work would be much appreciated.

Thank you,.
Config, gamecube, slot a needs to be changed. You can either set the memory card folder to a relative location or you can try to switch to gci folder.
Thank you Craftyawesome for your reply.

Could you please tell me where I need to go to change this information?

I tried making the adjustment inside the Dolphini.ini file inside the User/Config folder, but it didn't make a difference. I also tried converting the save to a gci but it didn't seem to help either.
(04-14-2019, 05:42 AM)deejus679 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Craftyawesome for your reply.

Could you please tell me where I need to go to change this information?

I tried making the adjustment inside the Dolphini.ini file inside the User/Config folder, but it didn't make a difference. I also tried converting the save to a gci but it didn't seem to help either.

Find the memcardA line and change it to
MemcardAPath = ./User/GC/MemoryCardA.USA.raw
(assuming usa)

If you would rather use gci folders, put your gci files in user/gc/usa and switch your config to gci folders
(04-14-2019, 11:42 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Find the memcardA line and change it to
MemcardAPath = ./User/GC/MemoryCardA.USA.raw
(assuming usa)

If you would rather use gci folders, put your gci files in user/gc/usa and switch your config to gci folders

For some reason, it didn't want to play nicely with the .raw files no matter what I did, only when I put them back into the default location inside documents.

I took your advice and selected the GCI folder option, and it just started working, though I have no idea why. 

After looking into it a bit deeper, it seems that GCI seems to be the better way to go anyways, and it's nice that the save files are broken down individually inside the corresponding region.

Thank you for taking the time to help. 
Happy gaming!