Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphical Issues in Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I decided to play through Twilight Princess again (favorite 3D Zelda game don't @ me in the comments). When I played the game last year, I had V-Sync on I didn't notice any screen tearing issues. I am replaying the game now on a 1080p Monitor that supports Free Sync, so I shouldn't have to turn V-Sync on. Nonetheless,  I am getting issues and I am unsure why despite having higher-end emulation settings. Along with that, whenever I open a door to a new area in a dungeon, the game freezes for about a second. Any ideas?

Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7 7700K

Memory: DDR 4 16GB

Graphics Card: Radeon RX 580 Series

(Let me know if you need anything else)
Sounds like shader cache. First thing to do, get the latest 5.0 dev build.

If that doesn't magically fix the issue, then in Dolphin's Graphics settings, under the General tab, set Shader Compilation to Asynchronous (Ubershaders). Also try checking the box that says Compile shaders before starting if you want.
Also I'm pretty sure having free sync doesn't magically fix vsync issues... I don't know if Dolphin attempts to support free sync at all yet.
(04-13-2019, 08:30 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Also I'm pretty sure having free sync doesn't magically fix vsync issues..

isn't that exactly the promise of freesync?  it "magically" fixes tearing via adaptive framerate?
I have freesync on a GTX 1060 and with vsync disabled I have an amazing tear free experience. I have freesync (Gsync-compatible) explicitly enabled in Nvidia control panel, maybe you have to do the same in Radeon control panel.
(04-13-2019, 06:29 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like shader cache. First thing to do, get the latest 5.0 dev build.

If that doesn't magically fix the issue, then in Dolphin's Graphics settings, under the General tab, set Shader Compilation to Asynchronous (Ubershaders). Also try checking the box that says Compile shaders before starting if you want.

Thanks for the info