Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Explanation Guide for new Dolphin Verify Integrity Feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently on the latest Dev build as of typing this. I saw the new Dolphin feature for verifying if your dumps are actually done right/not edited etc., and so I wanted to throw my iso's and other files through it. When I ran the .wad for Paper Mario, I got the following 2 problems (picture attached below). Now I haven't actually installed the .wad file since I have had no time to go find my old Wii and dump the NAND for dolphin so I think that might be the problem, but if its not, I was wondering if there was any guide for what the problems actually mean and how to fix said problems. I was also wondering if there was a guide for what the bottom 3 rows of information, the CRC32 MD5 and SHA-1, mean and if there was any comparison chart to match up with your dumps. Obviously this feature is very new so if this was planned to be made then sorry for being impatient but if not I'm requesting someone please make one. Obviously no rush, I know there are much more important things that are of concern about the Dolphin Emulator than a guide, but if someone does know what all the problems and other info mean and they could make a guide, it would be pretty nice. And if there is a guide for this can someone please direct me to it.
[attachment=17957]
This is normal for a WAD dumped from a Wii. Most dumpers will strip the keys from a WAD so it'll run on any console.
Oh, ok. Just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong. As for a guide for what all the problems mean and matching the CRC32, MD5, and SHA-1 I assume no one has a guide and probably won't for a while since this feature is still so new.
CRC32, MD5 and SHA-1 are hashes, and are supposed to work somewhat like unique identifiers of a file. If your file has an MD5 of 60cf85acc9e07f6c4ab07645acc936fb and your friend's file has an MD5 of 60cf85acc9e07f6c4ab07645acc936fb, you can be (almost) sure you have the same file without needing to actually send the files to each other. There are databases online where you can look up the correct hashes for games. (Do not trust them when it comes to WAD files, though. All good WAD dumps of titles downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel are unique per console, so if you have a good dump, it's pretty much guaranteed that it will not match whatever hashes you can find online. The databases are very useful for disc games, though.)

And yeah, those two reported problems are extremely common for WAD files (even though I would like them not to be...)