Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Animal Crossing stuck on saving screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MaxMouseOnline

OK, so here's the what's going on. I patched my Animal Crossing: City Folk WBFS file for use with Wiimmfi and RiiConnect24. I am using the NAND I dumped from my vWii. After using this file a few times, it initially didn't seem like anything was wrong, until I successfully obtained a Friend Code from Copper. After getting the code, I went about my day, and I eventually amassed quite a bit of money, and paid off my first house debt. Afterwards, I went home to save. When I selected Save and Quit, though, the "Saving... Don't push the power button or RESET" never actually did anything. The little icon in the corner kept spinning, but nothing was happening. I looked it up, and read that someone else had this issue, and they said they fixed it by turning WiiConnect24 off. I did just that, and I went back into the game, got my money all over again, and this time, I called Rover to ensure that RiiConnect24 was off before I saved. It was, and I made absolutely sure to tell him to keep it off. It still got stuck. Why is it doing this? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

TL;DR - I got a Wiimmfi Friend Code, and now the game won't save. Help.
vWii has some modified stuff that messes with online, right? Can you enable logging and see where it gets stuck (View/Log and Log Configuration, enable everything.)

MaxMouseOnline

(04-13-2019, 06:41 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]vWii has some modified stuff that messes with online, right?  Can you enable logging and see where it gets stuck (View/Log and Log Configuration, enable everything.)

OK, I actually figured out the problem. Turning off WiiConnect24 actually meant that I had to turn it off and then save with it turned off. Since the game wasn't ever saving, it was never able to actually switch the setting off. I switched to the non-patched version of the ROM, saved in that one, and switched back, and I am now able to save successfully. Thanks anyway for answering, and sorry for wasting your time.