Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay Integration with REAL hardware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

almmiron

I've come here to talk about the new browser netplay loby feature. Its great. 

There's a way to integrate dolphin players with real wii/wiiU/nintendont/gamecube players trough homebrew (wiimmfi or alike) ?

I love dolphin, but love even more playing on my wii, and it would be great to "crossplay" netplay wii/gc/wiiU/dolphin ...

I've searched and found this topic on reddit: playing_netplay_between_dolphin_and_a_real_wii

anyone using it?
Wiimmfi is entirely separate from Dolphin's netplay system. You can use Dolphin to play with Wii players over Wiimmfi, but it can't be integrated into the netplay lobby feature.

almmiron

(04-09-2019, 03:59 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Wiimmfi is entirely separate from Dolphin's netplay system. You can use Dolphin to play with Wii players over Wiimmfi, but it can't be integrated into the netplay lobby feature.

What about gamecube games, not possible, so? (I supose, with use of nintendont, for example, it would be a feature nintendont devs should include?)
That is correct, GameCube multiplayer using the broadband adapter can't be integrated into netplay either.
There are certain features that emulators allow that aren't reasonable on real hardware. Netplay is one of them.
I think netplay between real wiis might be possible with a custom IOS that intercepts the wiimote inputs and sends them over wifi. It would depend on whether the wiimote communication and wifi networking is processed by IOS or by the game. If i remember correctly the gamecube pad procesing is handled by the games directly, which might be a problem. There are likely a few other things to consider as well, before actually assessing if it's possible or not. All in all, after seeing what kind of incredible stuff the gamecube and wii hacking community has come up with, i'd say it might be possible to do, but it's most likely difficult.

Anways, even if you got this to work, i guess you'd have a hard time trying to sync this to Dolphin. Dolphin's emulation of very small details is not always perfect. And any small detail that is not emulated 100% could result in a desync in many games. Maybe it could work with a few games, i don't know.
There was a POC for NSMBWii
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5g2TGcr5_o
No accelerometer support, and other things seem to be synced per game like level load times and rng.
If you did things on a per-game basis, sure, you could get it to sync between Wiis if you rewrote each game to have networking support. That still doesn't mean that suddenly your Wii game can use the netplay browser.

Sonic Heroes is another game where people have manually made it sync on console through modifying parts of the game, that doesn't mean it's a viable solution for every game.
What did you google to find that video? I tried several search terms when I found this thread yesterday, and none came up with anything remotely relevant, and then I gave up because I remembered it was a mod for the game, not for the console.
(04-10-2019, 02:03 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]What did you google to find that video? I tried several search terms when I found this thread yesterday, and none came up with anything remotely relevant, and then I gave up because I remembered it was a mod for the game, not for the console.

I remembered that it was mrbean3500vr because of ctgp.
Pages: 1 2