Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth passthrough error/crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Using a wii bt module on Windows Will be near perfect, some minor or specific problems. No need to change os Big Grin

I didnt get any ipce event and been using wii bt module from like 3 years ago.

Check if the workaround Works, if not, well, Linux or a wii bt module or maybe another bt module could work too.
trihy -- that workaround doesn't help me at all -- the crash still happens. But thank you for the suggestion.

Helios -- I'm not really a fan of Windows. I'm more of a Mac and Linux guy, but picked Windows for the Dolphin/gaming system because a couple years ago it seemed like Windows was the best option for gaming generally and Dolphin in particular. That said, I'm not going to change operating systems on this system now. It works great with everything I throw at it, with the recent exception of BT passthrough.

Maybe a different BT adapter will help, though there aren't a lot of "green" options on the Wiki page chart. I suppose if I get desperate enough I'll take on the Wii BT soldering project. I'm not intimidated by soldering projects, but it didn't seem necessary with other options available.
I was having this same issue, made a post about it in the controllers section recently, your issue could be completely unrelated but here's what I did in case it helps. Clicking yes to ignore and continue would get through the error and the game would run fine. I know you said it's unclickable, I had that issue as well when running in exclusive full screen. When running in windowed or borderless fullscreen mode this allowed me to click the button. Alternatively I disabled the "Use Panic Handlers" option which seems to bypass the issue for me entirely.

As for the crashing, I figured out that my crashes were related to having my GameCube controllers set to "GameCube Adapater for Wii U", but not having the adapter actually plugged in. I have the mayflash adapter configured for use, but I don't keep it plugged in constantly. It Seems if I have that setting set to use the adapter, but the adapter isn't actually plugged in, dolphin crashes for me maybe 85% of the time when I'm also using Bluetooth Passthrough. The solution here was to either set the GameCube controllers to either None, Standard Controller, or to just keep my GameCube adapter plugged in at all times which is what I ended up doing.

After all of this I haven't had any IPCEvent errors or any crashes at all. I haven't had any replies to my thread so I'm really curious to know if your issue is similar to mine.
Dont take too serious the bt passthrough wiki. Most bt dongles compatibility is reported by users and may be not 100% accurate.

The wii bt module besides being the best option, is probably cheaper than any other module.

I made a couple for some friends. As long as you dont abuse the solder pads, it will be easy to do.
(04-02-2019, 09:55 PM)peachey777 Wrote: [ -> ]Alternatively I disabled the "Use Panic Handlers" option which seems to bypass the issue for me entirely.

This... appears to have worked. By that I mean I've successfully launched Wii games several times now with no freezes/crashes, and have been able to get the Wii remote paired after doing so. I say "appears to have worked" because it's possible I could have gotten several successful launches even if the problem isn't fixed, but at this point it looks like it may actually be fixed. Or, at least this appears to be an effective workaround for the problem.

Quote:As for the crashing, I figured out that my crashes were related to having my GameCube controllers (...)The solution here was to either set the GameCube controllers to either None, Standard Controller, or to just keep my GameCube adapter plugged in at all times which is what I ended up doing.

I do have a USB GameCube controller adapter plugged in, with at least one GameCube controller attached at all times. I didn't do that as a troubleshooting step... I did it because I regularly play GameCube games with Dolphin as well, and it just makes it easier to have the controller connected than to have to find it and plug everything in. I don't know if having it unplugged would have affected my BT passthrough crashing behavior or not.

In any case, THANK YOU for your advice on this! It looks like it's working now. (Fingers crossed.)

Oh, one more question. Are you using the PR-7216 version of Dolphin as well, or does your workaround (disabling panic handlers) allow use of the standard build(s)?
(04-03-2019, 10:34 AM)GreenT Wrote: [ -> ]In any case, THANK YOU for your advice on this! It looks like it's working now. (Fingers crossed.)

Oh, one more question. Are you using the PR-7216 version of Dolphin as well, or does your workaround (disabling panic handlers) allow use of the standard build(s)?

Ha no worries glad I could help! It's funny you ask that, it sounds like we've been down the same road here as I remember also trying that version as well. Now I am currently using the almostĀ latest development buildĀ 5.0-9880. I still have to disable panic handlers to avoid the IPCEvent issue, and I still have to keep my GameCube controller adapter plugged in to prevent crashing
Pages: 1 2