Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Feature Request] Set refesh rate on a game by game basis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, so I use a 144hz monitor with gsync and have the desktop refresh rate set to 120hz. I get stuttering on 30fps games unless I set the maximum refresh rate to 120hz and leave gsync on. In 60fps games, I get stuttering unless I set the maxiumum refresh rate to 60hz. IF any developer reads this, than could you please add the ability to set the monitor's refresh rate on a game by game basis?
That's not really possible outside of exclusive fullscreen. Even in exclusive fullscreen, each's API's support for this is rather spotty.
(03-31-2019, 07:32 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]That's not really possible outside of exclusive fullscreen.  Even in exclusive fullscreen, each's API's support for this is rather spotty.

Oh, ok. I just see some games that use DirectX, such as GTA V and CS:GO, that have the ability to change your monitors refresh rate in-game independent of the Window's setting while in exclusive mode, with the monitor's refresh rate going back to the OS settings when you alt-tab or close the game. I'm no software developer, but I would figure this would be fairly easy to add, it just hasen't been done yet.