Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: odd shadows on Pokemon XD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Specs: Intel i7-8750H
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
16 GB Ram
Windows 10

Dolphin Ver.: Latest Version

Issue: during pokemon battles, their seems to be weird triangle-like shadows/defects around the pokemon and character models. I tried different backends and resolutions and I cant seem to fix it.
(03-28-2019, 02:04 PM)Legendkiller236 Wrote: [ -> ]Specs:   Intel i7-8750H
           NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
           16 GB Ram
           Windows 10

Dolphin Ver.: Latest Version

Issue: during pokemon battles, their seems to be weird triangle-like shadows/defects around the pokemon and character models. I tried different backends and resolutions and I cant seem to fix it.

I can confirm that this issue exists, as I have seen it with the latest version of Dolphin as well (5.0-9820) but it is very inconsistent... For now it seems that I can only replicate it with 1xIR and 8xSSAA turned on and I am currently testing other combinations. This is with Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness (GXXE01)

Edit Confirmed: Always happens at 1xIR and 8xSSAA, changing to 2xIR and 8xSSAA fixes the issue, Changing to 1xIR and 4xSSAA also fixes the issue. Tried a lot of other combinations, only 1xIR and 8xSSAA creates this issue for me.

Edit 2: Also always happens when using 8xMSAA on 1xIR and is fixed by using any other combination except for 1xIR and 8xSSAA

Also noticed another issue: It doesn't matter at what settings I play the game, the boxes around text always have a "transparent" lines through them, seems like these textures do not attach properly to eachother. Checked lets play video's on youtube playing on the real hardware, issue doesn't exist there.

Edit 3: Issue with the lines is fixed by turning off "Force texture filtering", The "Vertex rounding" option doesn't affect this specific issue at all.