Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin interface is disproportionatly large
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed dolphin-emu-master from the Ubuntu PPA and the interface is HUGE.  The radio buttons, drop down lists, and checkboxes are all extremely large.  I'm on Xubuntu 18.04 LTS.  I understand that Dolphin emulator uses Qt, right?  Is there a specific package I need to install?  Thanks!

[Image: Screenshot-2019-03-17-23-05-40.png]
you have some weirdness with hidpi on your system probably
Okay I tried to troubleshoot this the best I could but I haven't been able to solve this. At first I thought I was missing a qt package so I tried installing all available qt**-dev packages. This got me nowhere so I decided to upgrade my graphics drivers by adding the X-org edgers PPA (has very latest x-server and driver packages) but this did not solve my issue. I also tried updating my computer to 18.10 and then to 19.04 and compiling my own dolphin-emu-master build but none of that fixed my problem either. I'm not seeing this behavior on any of my other Qt based apps, smplayer and OpenShot. I made a post on the Qt forum and they suggested I try manually setting some specific Qt environmental variables (see here https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/highdpi.html#high...port-in-qt) but this did not fix my issue either. Only the dolphin-emu-master package from the PPA has this problem, the dolphin-emu package looks fine. Normally I would simply use the dolphin-emu package but I cannot because I'm using the Mayflash DolphinBar and it only works with dolphin-emu-master. Is anyone else running into this problem? I should also mention that I'm running this on an AMD Raven Ridge APU 2200G, the driver I'm using is the open source one. I've been at this for a while so I'm tired right now but maybe I'll try installing the proprietary Catalyst drivers and see if that fixes this.
This isn't a GPU driver issue, and installing different drivers likely won't help.

It's probably the desktop environment setting some HiDPI mode or font size incorrectly - unfortunately there's multiple different settings that may affect this sort of thing - but a good summary can be found here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI

And the -dev versions likely only show this issue as the "stable" 5.0 dolphin only has a wx GUI, which didn't support any HiDPI mode at all.
To be fair, our WX UI did support HiDPI, it was just added shortly after 5.0.