Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Controls too sensitive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Wertologist

Trying to play a game(Chibi-Robo!) and the left analogue stick is crazy sensitive. My controller is a bit worn so the analogue stick isn't as "stable" as a newer one so it may "drift" a bit. This isn't usually an issue on any game I play, but it's making playing this one extremely difficult. I have to fight with it just to stand still and that's a problem when games require precise and careful movements. Is there some way I can tweak the sensitivity?

I tried fiddling with the Radius and the Deadzone, but lowering the Radius just made me walk instead of run and the deadzone, if raised higher than 20 would make any movement impossible. My issue is that the controller wants to keep moving/walking North-East. It's driving me crazy trying to fix it. I figured Deadzone would mean that anything in a certain area would not register, but that didn't seem to be the case as it just kept making me move the bigger I made it. Can anyone help me out with this?
Can you post a picture of your controller profile? Have you tried calibrating your controller?

Uganda Knuckles

I can't believe I'm not the only one!

I was playing Chibi Robo and started noticing that he sometimes walks to the right on his own.

I have 4 brand new Xone joypads and they all have a slight off-centre on the sticks

[Image: analog.jpg]

I have tried other games and the only one with accurate enough controls in Super Monkey Ball (GC). All other games are fine since the movement is not sensitive enough to pick up this couple of nanometres.

Is there any fix available for this?

edit
Stupid me. I was changing the deadzone for Wii controllers. Changing the correct deadzone to 22% works. And I don't see any problems during gameplay.

I really love my Xone joypads but this just goes to show how superior the Nintendo perifery build quality really isĀ  Heart